- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- New Building
- About Us
- Altru Health System
- Fargo VA Health Care System
- Sanford Health
- Essentia Health-Fargo
- Essentia Health-Park Rapids
- Summer Picnic
- Christmas Party
- Chief Resident Banquet
- Resident Research Colloquium
- Edwin C. James Lecture
Edwin C. James Lecture
The Edwin C. James Lectureship was established in honor of Edwin C. James, MD (1932-1994); professor and chairman, UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences Department of Surgery 1980-89; dean, UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences 1988-93; and founder of the UND Surgical Residency Program. Each year, a national speaker is invited to give the lecture during our annual Surgical Resident Research Colloquium.
Edwin C. James Lecturers (2004-present)
Frederick A. Coller Professor of Surgery and Chairman, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Emeritus Professor of Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
Nicholas J. Petrelli, MD, FACS
MBNA Endowed Medical Director, Helen F. Graham Cancer Center, Newark, Del.
Professor, Department of Surgery, Oregon health & Sciences University, Portland, Ore.
Jay L. Grosfeld Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind.
Clinical Professor of Surgery, Division of Colon & Rectal Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
Chairman of Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, N.C.
Former Executive Director, American College of Surgeons, Adjunct Professor of Surgery, Northwest University Medical Center, San Francisco, Calif.
Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Associate Chair of Quality & Safety, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, Calif.
Chair, American Board of Surgery, Clinical Professor of Surgery, University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School, La Crosse, Wis.
Jane & Donald D. Trunkey Professor and Vice Chair of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
Director, Division of Education, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, Illinois.