- Basic Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- Center for Health Promotion & Prevention Research
- Center for Rural Health
- Clinical Education Center
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC)
- Mass Spectrometry Center
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- North Dakota Simulation, Teaching and Research Center for Healthcare Education (ND STAR)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
A Mother's Room on the fifth floor of the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Room 5513, is now available to nursing mothers on campus. The room offers mothers and babies privacy, refrigerated storage, and security for breastfeeding or pumping.
SMHS administration and facilities designated and furnished a suitable, private location in the building. Mothers are requested to read the SMHS-approved policy for the space. A copy of the policy is available in Room 5513.
The room was created to serve new mothers who want to keep learning and working on campus. The Mother's Room will provide a secure place for breastfeeding faculty, staff, and students to use. For many years, medical school students have had access to space to nurse their babies in the Student Affairs Conference Room. Medical school students have the option of using either location.
Each Mother's Room user has the option of borrowing a key from Dr. Susan Splichal's office or requesting a key by completing a Key Request Form that has to be signed by the mother's respective department chair or supervisor and then forwarded to the SMHS Administration and Finance office for final approval. This form will allow the mother to have a key at her disposal for the duration needed. In the interim, Dr. Splichal has a key the mother may borrow.
Women interested in using the room may contact their department chair or Susan Splichal at (701) 777-3274 or email@example.com for more information.