- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Educational Resources
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Centers
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC)
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- About Us
- New Building Update
- What is Medical Laboratory Science?
- MLS Program & Goals
- Description of MLS Career Entry & Essential Functions
- Faculty and Staff
- MLS Program Video
- Mission Statement
- Traditional Route (2+2)
- Second Bachelor's Degree (4+1)
- Western College Alliance (WCAMLS)
- MLT/CLT to MLS
- Mayo Cohort Information
- Textbook List
- Undergraduate Course Descriptions
- Clinical Affiliates
- Summer Practicum Information
Welcome to Medical Laboratory Science.
Background of MLS Program
The Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Program at the University of North Dakota's School of Medicine and Health Sciences is one of the largest, most innovative, and far reaching, fully accredited programs in the nation. The University of North Dakota has offered a degree in medical laboratory science since 1949.
In addition to traditional Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science degree offerings, UND's MLS program has a cohort program with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and affiliation agreements with higher education institutions in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Arizona and Montana. The program has over 70 clinical affiliates in 12 states. Students are able to complete coursework at both a Bachelor's and Master's level online nationwide.
We welcome you and invite you to explore all that our fine program has to offer.
The MLS program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), which is located at 5600 N River Road Suite 720 Rosemont IL, 60018-5119.