- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- New Building
- About Us
- Groundbreaking, June 12, 2014
- Building Update, Dec. 12, 2013
- Building Update, July 9, 2013
- Public Forum, June 20, 2013
- Kickoff Meeting, June 12, 2013
- Video Troubleshooting
- Floor Plans
- Site Photos
- Live Web Cam
- New Building Fly-Through Video
- Learning Community Video
In May 2013, the 63rd Assembly of the North Dakota Legislature approved funding for a new $124 million, 325,000-square-foot, four-story University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences building in Grand Forks, N.D.
Plans are quickly moving forward to meet our completion goal of summer 2016. Please check this website for updates as we progress.
Building Site Updates
Provided by PCL/Community, a joint venture
- Construction of the new building is nearly 90 percent complete.
- Ceiling grid, linoleum, terrazzo flooring, cafe kitchen equipment and simulation equipment are being installed in the west wing and Main Street areas. Drywall throughout the building is 95 percent complete.
- Electrical work, tiling and painting are ongoing. Electrical work is 89 percent complete, ceramic tile is 95 percent complete, and painting and ceilings are each 75 percent complete.
- Fifty percent of the building is complete and ready for furniture installation.
- Furniture in the third-floor east wing offices is complete. Furniture installation in the second-floor east wing is ongoing. Furniture for the fourth-floor east wing is on site.
- Lab casework and fume hoods are being installed in the research wing.
- Installation of kitchen/cafe equipment has begun.
- The building's mechanical system startup is 50 percent complete.
- Exterior brick washing is complete.
- Site work around the building has begun again. Parking lot resurfacing is slated for May. Landscaping is slated for June.
- Fire alarms are being tested.
Virtual building tour
Last updated: 4/25/16