- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- About Us
- New Building
- Groundbreaking, June 12, 2014
- Building Update, Dec. 12, 2013
- Building Update, July 9, 2013
- Public Forum, June 20, 2013
- Kickoff Meeting, June 12, 2013
- Video Troubleshooting
In May 2013, the 63rd Assembly of the North Dakota Legislature approved funding for a new $124 million, 325,000-square-foot, four-story University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences building in Grand Forks, N.D.
Plans are quickly moving forward to meet our completion goal of summer 2016. Please check this website for updates as we progress.
Building Site Updates
Provided by PCL/Community, a joint venture
- Exterior brick and glass installation is ongoing on the west and south sides of the building. Metal panels between windows are being installed on the north side.
- Fire alarms, sprinkler systems, insulation and interior drywall are being installed.
- Piping, HVAC, electrical work and painting are ongoing.
- Concrete stairs are being poured in the east atrium.
- The service elevator in the west wing is being installed. When that is complete, the orange lift on the southwest side of the building will come down, and the rest of the brick and glass work can be completed.
- The generators west of the new building are being enclosed.
- A retaining pond is being dug west of Ralph Engelstad Drive, south of Bank Forward.
Virtual building tour
Last updated: 8/24/15
4/14: Live web cam installed