- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC)
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- About Us
- New Building
- Groundbreaking, June 12, 2014
- Building Update, Dec. 12, 2013
- Building Update, July 9, 2013
- Public Forum, June 20, 2013
- Kickoff Meeting, June 12, 2013
- Video Troubleshooting
In May 2013, the 63rd Assembly of the North Dakota Legislature approved funding for a new $124 million, 320,000-square-foot, four-story University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences building in Grand Forks, N.D.
Plans are quickly moving forward to meet our completion goal of summer 2016. Please check this website for updates as we progress.
Building Site Updates
Provided by PCL/Community, a joint venture
- The first deck was poured Aug. 26 (pictured). It consisted of 500 cubic yards of concrete (fifty truckloads), equal to the weight of five Boeing 747s.
- The second deck was poured Sept. 3. The pump truck that pours the concrete can move more than 100 yards of concrete per hour.
- The third deck pour occurred Sept. 16.
- The fourth deck pour occurred Sept. 24 and 26.
- Pour 5 took place Sept. 30. This included 28 tons of rebar.
- Pour 6 took place Oct. 7.
- Pour 7 started Oct. 15. Pour 7 ended the week of Oct. 20, along with Pour 8. Pour 9 took place the week of Oct. 27.
- The first concrete on "Main Street" has been poured, as well as other parts of the first floor on the ground level.
- The first section of the roof was poured Oct. 31. It consisted of 524 yards of concrete.
- A third ground-level concrete pour took place Nov. 13. Because of the early winter temperatures, a cold weather concrete placement plan is in place to ensure proper installment.
- Pour 10 was completed the week of Nov. 17.
- Ductwork continues on the second floor.
- Erection of the east staircase has begun.
- Fast fact: There is enough post-tension cable currently installed in the building to stretch from Fargo to Grand Forks.
- External wall framing and underground utility work continue.
- A material hoist is on site and can hold up to 6,000 pounds.
Virtual building tour
Last updated: 11/21/14
4/14: Live web cam installed