- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- New Building
- About Us
- Groundbreaking, June 12, 2014
- Building Update, Dec. 12, 2013
- Building Update, July 9, 2013
- Public Forum, June 20, 2013
- Kickoff Meeting, June 12, 2013
- Video Troubleshooting
- Floor Plans
- Site Photos
- Live Web Cam
- New Building Fly-Through Video
- Learning Community Video
In May 2013, the 63rd Assembly of the North Dakota Legislature approved funding for a new $124 million, 325,000-square-foot, four-story University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences building in Grand Forks, N.D.
Plans are quickly moving forward to meet our completion goal of summer 2016. Please check this website for updates as we progress.
Building Site Updates
Provided by PCL/Community, a joint venture
- Construction of the new building is more than 90 percent complete.
- Ceiling grid, linoleum, terrazzo flooring, cafe kitchen equipment and simulation equipment are being installed in the west wing and Main Street areas.
- Electrical work, tiling and painting are ongoing.
- More than 400 rooms have been completed with furniture installed. Furniture in the third-floor east wing offices is complete. Furniture installation in the second- and fourth-floor floor east wings is ongoing.
- Lab casework and fume hoods are being installed in the research wing.
- Installation of kitchen/cafe equipment has begun.
- The front doors on the south side of the building have been installed.
- Site work around the building has begun again. Parking lot resurfacing and landscaping are slated for late mid-May.
Virtual building tour
Last updated: 5/27/16
5/10/16: Construction Safety Demonstrations
Following National Construction Safety Week, PCL Community Construction demonstrated various safety procedures at the new UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences on Tuesday, May 9. Demonstrations included a mannequin drop in the parking lot.