- Basic Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- Center for Health Promotion & Prevention Research
- Center for Rural Health
- Clinical Education Center
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC)
- Mass Spectrometry Center
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- North Dakota Simulation, Teaching and Research Center for Healthcare Education (ND STAR)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
The Office of Alumni and Community Relations has created a HOST Program (Housing our Medical Students as they Travel) for the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences. The program matches SMHS medical school alumni across the country with 4th year medical students traveling for residency interviews in late fall/winter. This program aims first and foremost to save med students lodging costs and to put them in touch with alums may be just a year or two ahead of them in the residency program.
Alumni volunteers can participate in this program in a number of ways: by opening their homes to a student (and possible spouse) for an overnight stay of one to two days and/or agreeing to speak with students who have questions about the residency program or the community where they are interviewing. Although not required, meals, transportation and tours may also be offered by the hosting alumni.
Students looking for host
If you are a student looking for lodging during residency interviews, please complete the Student Registration Form at least 14 business days before your scheduled interview.
Alumni interested in hosting students
If you are an alum interested in volunteering for this program, please fill out the Alumni Volunteer form. We will contact you if we have a student traveling to your area.
For more information about the program, please contact Jessica Sobolik, (701) 777-6048, firstname.lastname@example.org.