- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Health Workforce Information Center (HWIC)
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center (ND STAR)
- About Us
- New Building
Canad Inn, 1000 S. 42nd St., Grand Forks, ND 58201
Thursday, September 12, 2013
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (reception to follow)
8:00 AM - 8:50 AM: Registration and continental breakfast
8:50 AM: Welcome
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM: Opening remarks: Dr. Phyllis Johnson, VP of Research
First session: Chair -Dr. Barry Milavetz
9:15 AM - 10:15 AM: Keynote address: Dr. Gordon Hager, NCI/NIH - "Profiling the Chromatin Landscape; Complexity of Factor/Template Dynamics on Multiple Time Scales"
10:15 AM - 10:45 AM: Dr. Joyce Ohm, UND - "Environmental Toxins and Stem Cell Epigenomic Remodeling"
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Break
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Dr. Michael Freitag, Oregon State University - "Histone methylation controls the cryptic genome of Fusarium"
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Lunch and vendor show
Second Session: Chair -Diane Darland
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Dr. Larry Reynolds, NDSU - "Placental Vascular Defects in Compromised Pregnancies: Effects of Assisted Reproductive Technologies and Other Maternal Stressors"
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Dr. Bryan Linggi, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - "Functional genomics approach reveals that farnesyl diphosphate synthase (IspA) overexpression reduces surfactin expression and inhibits biofilm formation"
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Dr. Turk Rhen, UND - "Temperature-dependent Sex Determination and Epigenetics"
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM: Dr. Sergei Nechaev, UND - "RNA polymerase II pausing is retained during gene activation"
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Poster session
5:00 PM - 5:10 PM: Closing remarks
5:10 PM - 6:10 PM: Reception
**Vendors will be available most of the day to discuss their products that will help your research.